Friday, May 24, 2013

Nut-free Banana Muffins - Recipe Attempt 1


I am no Martha, Paula Deen or Rachel Ray.  I'm simply trying to cook fresh, nutritious meals that taste good for my family and use the minimum processed anything.  

Following a recipe from Cook's Illustrated The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook, I made banana muffins.  The only modification was no nuts, and I made mini-sized.  I also only used 3/4 c. of sugar instead of 1. 

Debashis doesn't like this cookbook at all.  I resort to it because it has very basic recipes that are pretty fast.

The muffins taste ok, don't look like much, and are crumbly like scones.  In fact, the recipe almost seemed more like scone batter than muffin batter.  I'm planning on trying to freeze these and pull them out to pop in lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment