Sunday, May 12, 2013

Friday Night Sophie's Shrimp Tacos with Spicy Cabbage Slaw

Friday night we had one of our favorite fast dinners - tacos.  This was an asian-themed dinner.

I made a red cabbage slaw based on a recipe from myrecipes.com, but modified it with Siracha, used sliced fresh cabbage (not out of a bag), toasted raw (non-salted version) spanish peanuts in peanut oil, and Bragg's Aminos instead of fish sauce.  Cilantro is fresh in the garden, so that went in too.  I threw the carrots, ginger, and garlic in my mini-prep processor, and sliced the cabbage and green onions by hand. 

I did make Seitan from scratch using a recipe from Veganomicon, but saving that for something else.  Had a box of Sophie's shrimp so put that in the oven.  Steamed some sprouted corn tortillas, and there was an easy, delicious dinner.

The next day, for lunch I made some rice paper rollups using tempeh bacon, sunfower sprouts, cucumber matchsticks and the leftover slaw.  They were good!

Today I am making another batch of slaw to take for some Bánh Mì. 

No comments:

Post a Comment